WEBSITE PROJECT MANAGEMENT
At Small Business Directions, we specialize in both creating and concepting your company’s very first website as well taking on the project of a website redesign. While we are not a design firm, we work with about a dozen web design companies and SEO experts throughout the country. We will recommend a design partner once we know what type of website should be built and what functionality your website needs to perform. Budget considerations and how fast you need your site up and running will also be taken into account.
Why Use Us?
The advantage of using Small Business Directions to manage the build or redesign of your company website is that we are experienced marketers. With most companies and organizations, the website is the most important marketing tool. However, many business owners are just happy to have a website presence, they have no idea if their website is performing as a marketing vehicle for their place of business. Web design firms are experts in design and copywriters are proficient writers. If there isn’t an inside marketing representative or outside consultant managing the project, you might be left with a beautiful site and correct grammar, but the website isn’t serving as an efficient marketing tool.
Here’s my “Top 5″ list of items every small business website should have:
- Fresh, original content. Google and other search engines recognize original content to help with Search Engine Optimization (SEO), which needs to be updated often. Focus on the benefits for your customer, not a laundry list of what you do.
- A call to action. Contact information should be visible on every page and it should be clear what action(s) you want customers to take after visiting the site.
- Easy to navigate menus and site maps. On average, customers spend very little time on a webiste. It should take them seconds to find the information they’re looking for.
- A design that has style, but isn’t overly complicated. A good graphic designer should be an expert on font style, colors and design elements that help your site to be easily read by customers of any age. Don’t get fancy just to be fancy.
- Customer testimonials. Personally, I like them spread throughout the site and changed out every few months. Try to find testimonials that talk about different parts of your business and showcase a variety of customer types.
Does Your Website Need an Overhaul?
If your website needs a redesign, you probably know it. Maybe you’ve heard from your internal staff that the site doesn’t stack up against your competition or perhaps your analytics show that visitors aren’t using the site the way you want them to. Or, maybe the original goals and objectives of your website have changed throughout the years.
Redesigning doesn’t mean complicating things. In fact in most cases it means simplifying the content and design to be more functional for the end user.
Our team has completed web development projects for businesses of all sizes. We make it an easy by outlining a successful process to complete the task. Our consultations are free, so call us today to determine if your website is working to its full capacity.
Melissa Burke, Kraft Foods says:
I worked with Lenora on an award-winning marketing program for our company. She is extremely... (Read More)