Small Business Directions was formed in 1993 by Lenora Kaplan. Located at the time in Chicago, Illinois, the company represented small businesses throughout the United States by assisting with their marketing communications and public relations needs. In 2003, Kaplan closed the firm to move to Las Vegas, Nevada and reopened the firm as a consultancy in 2009.
Although based in Las Vegas, Kaplan and her team of consultants work with start-ups and established small businesses throughout the country. In many cases the company functions as an outside marketing director for the firm. Other clients hire Small Business Directions as a marketing consultant or to implement marketing projects such as website development, writing marketing plans and social media strategies, creating brochures and collateral material, performing public relations and advertising services, designing and implementing email marketing and direct mail campaigns and performing marketing audits.
As a well-established media and presentation trainer, Kaplan works with both small business owners as well as executives and sales personnel from larger companies to better their speaking skills. Media training services are provided when a business owner or executive needs assistance before appearing in media interviews. Presentation training is offered to help executives and salespeople with bettering their speaking and presentation skills when they appear in front of their own clients and prospects.
LENORA KAPLAN – PRESIDENT
With more than 25 years of experience in all aspects of marketing communications, Lenora Kaplan has represented large corporations and small businesses throughout the U.S. in a diverse range of industries, including retail, hospitality, real estate, food/beverage, fashion/beauty, gaming, healthcare, entertainment, law, insurance, non-profits and sports, just to name a few.
As an award-winning marketer and publicist, Kaplan has coordinated the opening of retail stores and convention centers, aided large corporations in their sponsorship of educational and anti-drug campaigns, designed marketing programs for the introduction of new products and services, advised business owners, healthcare professionals and celebrities on how to use the media to build up or improve their image, and spearheaded one of the country’s largest events ever, the Statue of Liberty Centennial Celebration.
Throughout her career, she has won industry awards including the Silver Anvil Award, Gold Quill, Pinnacle and the President’s Private Sector Initiative Award on behalf of her client programming.
Kaplan is a professional speaker and media trainer and a former member of the National Speakers Association and professor in UNLV’s Educational Outreach Program, teaching classes on media relations and sports marketing.
A sampling of companies she has served can be found here.
Philosophy and Client Reporting
- We are client-focused, responding to our clients’ needs with exceptional service in a timeline manner.
- We do our best not to be a vendor, but a partner with the clients we service.
- We apply a disciplined approach to understanding the marketplace for each of our clients. Everything we do is market driven.
- In addition to our media relationships, we have developed a large number of industry relationships with business executives, analysts, educators, professional associations, and trade organizations throughout the industry, which we draw on for the benefit of our clients.
- Our professionals and associates bring a broad range of essential skills to our assignments, including experience with operating businesses, strategic consulting, research and market analysis, product strategy and management, and marketing, public relations, and sales execution.
- We’re passionate about our work and have countless references to attest to our work ethic, client relationships and results.
Dale McCardy, PrimeCo Cellular says:
“Lenora gave our senior staff an intense three-day training workshop on presentation skills and worked... (Read More)